Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Question

So, I honestly don't know if people will even respond to this, but whatever. I am a die-hard Marvel fan. I have comics from DC and Image and some Dark Horse, but I am a Marvel fan at heart. Recently, I have been picking up a few more DC titles (like I read Blue Beetle monthly and have read the Crises that have come out and the beginning of Sinestro Corps War) and am wondering if I should try and broaden my perspective a lot more and read more DC stuff. I mean, I do read Blue Beetle and enjoy it, and I have to admit that Flash is easily my favorite DC character with my favorite superpower, but I really have only a couple volumes of the Flash, and that's it. Should I pick up the Flash and maybe other titles? Should I stick with things the way they are? Should I stop asking questions when most likely nobody will respond?

4 comments:

RanmaSolo said...

I can't really recommend Flash personally, as I'm not up to date on any comics, but I've got a friend who really likes the book.

And I think it can't hurt to try it.

-Mike

Pi_3.14159... said...

Well, basically, I am afraid to start something in DC like Flash because it has been going on for such a long time. I know of the Flash to an extent (a pretty good one, too), but I don't think I can just jump in the middle. Especially since the only DC book I read is Blue Beetle. For other Marvel comics, I follow the general universe, but with DC, I don't. I might try it, we'll see.

Anonymous said...

But when you started those Marvel books, were they brand new? Basically, my philosophy is that it doesn't hurt to try one issue, if you like that one enough try a second, so on and so on.

I can't personally recommend FLASH, as I don't read that one but I know a lot of the books I love now, I had to jump on and then filled in the background as I needed to. Plus it's the freaking internet, you can find out pretty much everything you need to.

-Craig

Pi_3.14159... said...

A lot of the ones I read, I have read since the beginning. Of the upcoming ones next week, Spider-Man is different, although I have read Essential Spider-Man 1-8, and have been obsessed with the character for some time before that, Captain America I started reading with the death of Captain America because it tied into Civil War and The Initiative, FF I am reading only because of Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch, Wolverine Origins I have read most of, plus it has Deadpool, and everything else I have read from the beginning. I mean, though, that with Marvel, I have a vast understanding of almost everything happening in the Marvel Universe. I only know what is happening with Blue Beetle in the DC Universe. I know there was some Lightning Saga thing, Bart was Flash for a while, then died, then Wally came back, and now Barry's back or something. Not much about those things, but that there was something weird going on. I think Wally is the current Flash, but I'm not sure. It's that kind of stuff that makes me unsure as to whether or not read The Flash.

slots
web counter