Monday, November 5, 2007

New and Improved



Before I post the idea, I just had to get this out of the way. HOLY CRAP! And with Galactus, against 3 people, he can get this bad boy out on turn 8 at the latest, as long as there is nothing else that allows Galactus to gain resource points (which there very well may be). Galactus is starting to look more amazing than I originally had thought (and I love me my cosmic Marvel characters).

Ahem, and anyway, I thought I would try and let you all in on the combo I am trying to harness, and unfortunately, failing. New and Improved reads: "Ongoing: KO a non-Army character you control -> Characters you recruit this turn with the same name as that character enter play with two +1/+1 counters." The first part of "non-Army" makes sense, as you wouldn't want to have a deck with a character you could recruit multiples of to get lots o' counters. However, Aspiring Pawn reads: "Whenever Aspiring Pawn causes breakthrough while attacking a player directly, put a +1/+1 counter on Aspiring Pawn, and it loses the version Army and gains the version Knight." Now, if you cause direct breakthrough with the Pawn, he becomes a Knight and is no longer an Army character. In case you haven't found where I am going with this, KO multiple Aspiring Pawns with the version Knight and you can have lots o' swarming, humongous Pawns. Now, I can't quite get enough Pawns in my hand for this to work, and I can't seem to deal direct breakthrough to get Knights easily enough. If you have ideas, please post comments.

2 comments:

Michael said...

sounds like you need some out of combat stuns and some card drawing...my first thoughts on card drawing are Barbara Gordon<>Oracle, Hacker Elite; Birthing Chamber; Ego Gem+New Baxter Building+Black Cat+ESU or something along those lines.

Pi_3.14159... said...

Well, Birthing Chamber is a good idea, but I'm not sure about a lot of the others, because while they may work, I can't have too many other characters. Barbara Gordon is good, and I think I'll include her. Um, Ego Gem is something I don't know I can fit, because it will best work with visible characters (only work), and I don't really have many. The Black Cat/ESU combo is good, but I don't really have much room for the 2-drop. Well, I'll see if I can make those work, but I'm not sure about some. Thanks for the help!

slots
web counter