Thursday, September 11, 2008

Deadpool

Yeah, there is a new Deadpool series, and as afraid as I was that Daniel Way was writing it, I have to admit, it was a great start. It had everything I needed from my favorite Merc with the Mouth. Humor, insanity, violence and stupidity, all while being kick-ass. You know the alternate art cover? The one by Liefeld (oh, no)? Well, at Comic-Con, Liefeld had that cover as a poster and I was able to bu it. Man, that is aewsome in a larger size. While I understand people's dislike of Liefeld, I can appreciate him, partially because I did grow up in the 90's and partially because he created Deadpool and has gotten a lot better over the years. I know people love Jack Kirby, but personally, I don't see the appeal in his work. Some of the later DC stuff is actually pretty cool, but the rest never appealed to me. What does that have to do with anything? Kirby seems like this great artist, whereas Liefeld is seen as, well, I don't want to use the words. I persoanlly like Liefeld more, even though a lot is stupid, he still did a lot and tried hard, and I actually like most of his stuff (not feet, or bug guns or ridiculous numbers of pockets) more than Kirby (who I see as drawing things flat and somewhat uninteresting). Plus, he helped create Deadpool. I mean, I can't ever be angry with him for anything because he created one of the things in my life that has been the best. Anyway, Deadpool is a great series and everyone should read it and buy it so it doesn't die. Too many series have died because not enough people read them, even though they were great. Sure, some bad series live on, but the good ones don't seem to get a fair chance. Sure Cable & Deadpool lasted 44 issues longer than anyone expected, but hey, that is a lot less than I would have liked.
Why is the Hulk v Wolverine DVD coming out in January? Why can't Marvel let me buy my Deadpool now?

No comments:

slots
web counter