Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pi's Comics - September 9th

Yes, this is for tomorrow as Labor Day has pushed back comics to the 9th. Still, I'm putting this up today, as, hey, why not, right?
Deadpool Loves to Read 



Deadpool Corps #6
Obviously, I love Deadpool, but I'm going to try to convince you to pick up this issue. If you aren't sold on Deadpool Corps because you hold a fixation on disliking Rob Liefeld's art, then ignore the cover and get this issue. This issue's art isn't done by Liefeld, like the previous issues, so if that is your main complaint, that is not valid. If you don't want to jump in somewhere in the middle of an arc, don't worry, this is the beginning of a brand new story arc. If you think that one Deadpool is enough and that more than one would be impossible to bear, watch this from 7:46 (where it starts) to 10:06 (when the fight begins), and then try out the comic if that amuses you. This is, as I've said, my favorite ongoing right now, and you really should check it out at least once.

New Avengers #4
Very simple here. It's Bendis. If you like Bendis, you'll probably like New Avengers, as it is very Bendis. If you don't like Bendis, you'll probably dislike New Avengers, as it is very Bendis. I personally like Bendis, especially how he does Spider-Man, so I enjoy this series.

The Thanos Imperative #4
I'm really torn about this series. On the one hand, I think that Marvel is milking Cosmic Marvel for all they can, putting out Annihilation: Conquest, War of Kings and this, all of which are to capitalize on Annihilation, one of the best series to come out of a company in a while. Thanos Imperative annoys me in that they put the power levels far too high (while Nova and pals can take on cosmic threats, they aren't close to Galactus level, which is what is going on), and it just is annoying. On the other hand, the writers know Thanos, they know Drax, and they are writing really good Thanos and Drax, two of the main reasons I liked Annihilation (aside from Kl'rt, the Super-Skrull). I think that I recommend the series, as it is better than Conquest or War, but it still falls short next to Annihilation (part of the reason Annihilation was good because nothing preceded it to live up to, maybe?_.
COMICS I AM NOT GETTING

Amazing Spider-Man #642
It is coming out the same day as ASM 641. That's pretty annoying, I would guess. Especially since this is the first post-whatever-stupid-thing-they're-doing-to-Spider-Man-now issue. As I've said, I don't care enough. I could read One Moment in Time, but it isn't worth it to me, considering the amount of comics I get already. It isn't fun to read a bastardized version of the hero I grew up loving. Spider-Man just annoys me, as a series. The character is still great in New Avengers or Avengers, but I don't care about the main series. Just like Wolverine.

Daken: Dark Wolverine #1
Let me see if I remember Daken's origin. Daken is Wolverine and Silver Fox's son, that was seemingly killed by Sabretooth, you know, when he gutted Silver Fox, but then grew up to be similar to Wolverine (brooding, claws, healing, horrible haircut), yet wanting to kill Wolverine, right? Did he become good, is he good, or is he still a jerk like in Wolverine: Origins (god, I hate Steve Dillon's art)? Despite some stupidity in X-23's origins also, I like her more, maybe because she started out on the awesome X-Men: Evolution and then went to a comic, and doesn't have hair that is idiotic.

X-Men #3
Okay, I haven't been keeping up on X-Men recently, but apparently they rebooted the series, and apparently there are vampires. How original. Oh, and I don't think that resurrecting Dracula could come back to bite you in the ass. I got the thing where they rebooted the mutant gene because of Hope or something. How the hell did it go from, "Yay, mutants are back!" to, "Vampires vs X-Men!" that quickly? Seriously! Sigh... Oh, and more Jubilee. I despise Jubilee. I was so happy when she lost her powers. I was disappointed when she joined the New Warriors. I really hope she dies from whatever "chilling transformation she has undergone" so that they can make room for Armor in Wolverine's life.

Apparently people dislike these, as they have gotten low amounts of stars. If you have actual comments or feedback, let me know below or at wadewprojectavatar@gmail.com.

No comments:

slots
web counter