Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Avengers #5 review

Before anything about the issue, I just want to talk about the ad on the back. Why the heck is there a Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver ad on the back of this issue? I'm not complaining because I don't think Avengers should have a Pokemon ad as much as I am complaining because the games came out in March.

Anyway, more of what I've come to expect in this series in this issue. The good: The characters are awesome. I love reading Bendis team comics because he is superb at making the characters pop and making them interesting. Everyone acts like an individual as part of a team, rather than just as pawns in a chess game. They are all unique and stay true to what I'd expect from them. The bad: The time travel stuff is ridiculously convoluted and makes little to no sense and I sincerely wish this arc to end. Apparently Hulk and old Stark put fear into Kang, so that he'll listen to them, so when he went to the Avengers, it was because of them. But he's also a dick, so you know there you go.

The art is beautiful, and I really like JRJR's style in this series. At the very beginning, it has a two page, with Thor charging, then flying smack into Galactus' face. It's pretty awesome.

All in all, I like the series, just because the characters are well defined and interesting, but the time travel is getting pretty stupid, so after this arc, we'll have, aw crap. Rulk? FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU...

No comments:

slots
web counter