Friday, January 14, 2011

DCUO

I'd love to play DCUO, but there are some problems with me getting it and playing it.

First some context though. I'm not a huge fan of MMOs, but I do enjoy playing them when I can. I played the WoW trial and enjoyed it. I also played in the DCUO Beta and that was really fun. The DCUO Beta was fun and I enjoyed it like other MMOs, more so than others though because it was DC. Sure, I like Marvel more, but I enjoy DC too and so having characters that could fight with Wonder Girl against Giganta or with Grodd against Flash and "Orginal" (aka Golden Age) Flash was really fun. The DC was what made it more fun than WoW or another MMO.

My first problem with MMOs is just about the entire genre and something that can't really be made better by any game, no matter what, that being that I am not very good with people. I really don't like working with people in general, and especially when I don't know random people in games who can be complete assholes because of anonymity or whatever. I don't like people for the most part so an MMO is a problem with the very concept.

My second problem is the subscription. I don't want to pay 15 dollars a month for a game, no matter what the game. Now, a game like Guild Wars without a subscription fee is perfect in that I can play whenever and not have to pay extra. With DCUO, I'd have to either have somebody else pay my subscription cost or something to get me to do it, although if I decided to get it, I'd probably want to get the lifetime subscription fee (of $200), which sounds unreasonable at first, but when you think about it, 15x12 is 180, so for slightly over a years's worth of subscription fees paid all at once, you can play forever.

Now, if I had the 250 dollars laying around to buy and pay for DCUO, I'd probably get the pre-ordering done for MvC3. Still, if I seriously had the money to buy a lifetime subscription for the game and the game itself, I would probably get it because it is fun and is a great RPG set in the DC universe (even if I do have to deal with other people).

No comments:

slots
web counter