Saturday, January 1, 2011

Comic Movies in 2011

Well, this year is going to bring some interesting comic movies. Now, this isn't a full list, but more a list of the ones that I personally have some interest in.

Green Hornet:
I honestly never got interested in the character, probably because he was introduced way back in the 1930's and has never really been that big since I've been born. Still, I'm interested in the movie, probably because it looks funny and I like Seth Rogen, and the character isn't somebody I care about, so whatever they do with him is okay with me.

Thor:
Well, this looks amazing. Seriously, I am really looking forward to the Thor movie. It's really going to be the first to integrate itself into the Marvel movie universe. The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man both came out around the same time, and Iron Man 2 is just a sequel, so there hasn't really been a new entry into the universe ever. They had the hammer at the end of Iron Man 2, and Agent Coulson is in the movie (along with Fury), so it will be interesting to see how it fits. Honestly, I can't say much though, other than how much I am looking forward to it.

X-Men: First Class:
I really haven't seen anything about this movie. And by that, I do mean that I haven't seen anything about it. When I looked it up on Wikipedia, I saw that they were filming and intended to have it out by sometime this year and also says that it is still being filmed (as opposed to the Captain America, which is in post, due out late in the year). I was able to enjoy parts of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so I guess that's something. I really don't know what to expect at all, though.

Green Lantern:
Well, I really like Ryan Reynolds. As an actor, in general, he has done pretty well, and I enjoy what he's been in. Still, even more than any of that, I love that he likes Deadpool and is going to play him. I'm sad that Green Lantern has pushed Deadpool back, but I like GL too, so we'll see how that is. In general, with the film, though, it looks silly so far, with a lot of Ryan's deadpan sense of humor in the midst of insanity. I don't know how that feels with Hal Jordan, considering I've always seen Hal as a very serious individual for the most part and just trying to be a space cop, but I love that Killowog is in it and all the GL characters in it. I enjoyed the trailer and am looking forward to the movie.

The First Avenger: Captain America:
All I really know is that it is Cap in WWII with Bucky and fighting the Red Skull and Arnim Zola. Chris Evans as Cap is an interesting choice, and I really hope that much more so than Ryan as Hal, he is serious in the role. While Cap can have a sense of humor, what I've seen of Chris Evans has been him being silly, and while that's fine and worked well for the Human Torch, won't be the same for Captain America. Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull is interesting too. I think Weaving can play the Red Skull well, but I'll have to see a trailer for the movie before I can say any more.

All in all, I'm excited about most of the movies coming out this year. While I'm most excited for Thor, then GL, Cap's movie interests me and Green Hornet is something I want to see. X-Men First Class really needs to step up their game and do something, because right now, it doesn't really make me interested.

No comments:

slots
web counter