Friday, August 22, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Okay, if you have not seen this, then when you get the time (43 minutes in 13-15 minute intervals), then go ahead and watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Whole Thing:


Act 1:


Act 2:


Act 3:



As for a review, well, here goes:
This may be the best musical ever. Definitely the best superhero/supervillain musical ever. When I like a musical, what happens is that all the songs get stuck in my head. Well, for a week or two, they have been stuck and I have loved every moment of it. I don't often buy things in iTunes, as usually I'll have internet and be able to watch things or listen to things, but for those times I don't, I'll have Dr. Horrible still. I love the actors and actress who play the main characters (Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible, Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer, and Felicia Day as Penny) and have seen them in stuff before. It is kind of weird that the protagonist is a villain and the antagonist is a hero, but that just makes it more fun. Dr. Horrible is just such a lovable loser. He tries so hard to be a supervillain, but has morals and mainly just wants to rule the world through his own methods, because, "The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it." He isn't really a bad guy, aside from that he is a villain. Hammer is a jerk and it is amazing that people think of him as a hero. The greatest example is the third act, especially with his song. He tries to be modest by saying that everybody is a hero in their own way, just that he is more of a hero. Look at the lyrics, "It may not feel too classy, begging just to eat. But, you know who does that? Lassie. And she always gets a treat," "Everyone's a hero in their own way. Everyone can blaze a hero's trail. Don't worry if it's hard. If you're not a friggin' tard, you will prevail!" Just to put out there, that is definitely not me, but Captain Hammer, the hero antagonist of the story. He's offensive, barely cares about people, and is a complete asshole. The story is kind of cheesy, but the songs are actually really good and I love them. I have watched it so many times at this point in time. I have memorized a lot of the lyrics and man, I really enjoy singing them, even in my own head.

No comments:

slots
web counter