Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Comics I'm getting on 5/26

If you don't know how this works by now, look it up in one of the previous weeks.

Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth #11
Sigh, yes, it is a Deadpool comic, surprise, surprise. Merc was never my favorite series. I preferred both the named title and Team-Up (on occasion, because Team-Up was very on/off with a different writer each issue). The story was okay, but has been going on for far too long.


Doomwar #4
What, another Deadpool comic? Yes, the second Deadpool comic of the week is the miniseries that is bizarre. I have to say I loved the series for pointing out that Doom wants to rule the world, but also thinks of himself as somewhat noble, able to prove his nobility to the Panther god. Not the first time heroes have gone to Deadpool for help (see Wolverine: Origins #45)


Secret Avengers #1
I don't think weird covers enough ground on this team. Moon Knight is a pretty stealthy character, even wearing full white. He also is pretty much not superpowered at all. Then we've got War Machine, one of the most powerful weapons around out there. THEN we've got Nova, who is apparently back on Earth for the team after wielding the ENTIRE NOVA FORCE and being one of the most powerful cosmic Marvel characters. Yeah, they make sense as a team. Sigh...

The Thanos Imperative: Ignition #1
Sigh, Thanos was fine being dead. Seriously. He was okay with it. He was with his beloved, Death, just chilling and looking happy. He's back? Well, I already read Guardians, so I know he's back, with Drax just saying how unfair it is. I like Thanos, but he really should have stayed dead for a while longer. Oy.

Thunderbolts #144
Did Juggernaut become a villain again when I wasn't looking? I know he was pissed after World War Hulk: X-Men and New Excalibur, but he became a villain? And Man-Thing? What the hell is this group? I'm reading this because I read Thunderbolts before, and I love Juggernaut, but this looks stupid as hell.

COMICS I AM NOT GETTING

Fall of the Hulks: The Savage She-Hulks #3
Is there some third She-Hulk I don't know about, because this says there are a Sensational, Savage and Red She-Hulk. I know there is Sensational or Savage, one of which is Jen Walters, and Red is SPOILER Betty Ross. Is there a third one also? Either way, the whole Fall of the Hulks stuff just doesn't appeal to me mostly because I don't like Skaar or Rulk, so whatever.

Marvel Zombies 5 #3
I loved Marvel Zombies. I really did. The first series was awesome and the Ultimate FF tie-ins were great as well. Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness was also good, as was the one-shot written around that time. MZ2 was decent, but weird. MZ3 was bad. MZ4 was worse. I'm just not reading MZ5. 3 I read because I was still somewhat interested and 4 had Headpool. I have no reason to read 5 at this point in time. Howard the Duck isn't quite good enough to get me to read MZ.

Peter Parker #3
Obviously I missed something in March, when all three of the above series originated (I assume, based on the numbering). I've mentioned not wanting to read Spider-Man right now. Is this another Spider-Man book? Amazing was bad enough, but this is just silly.

Ultimate Comics Enemy #4
Oy, just oy. Is it a secret enemy or just a new one? I honestly want to know. From the previews it seemed like some big boss in a video game sending minions or something or capturing heroes, like in Last Hero Standing, where it took a while to reveal it was Loki, but then they fought Loki. But at the same time, I really don't care, since it is post-Ultimatum Ultimate universe stuff.

No comments:

slots
web counter