Thursday, January 15, 2009

VS

Well, it certainly isn't looking good for VS as a card game that will continue for much longer. I love the game, and I will certainly still play, but I have to admit that I won't be as happy when UDE is no longer making VS cards. This isn't meant to be defeatist, and I don't want to seem pessimistic, but, well, let me refer to an X-Men comic. A while ago, there was this guy, Arkon, who was trying to save his world. He got the X-Men to help him. While on his planet, Cyclops wasn't being optimistic, saying that everything was going to be all right and that they were going to win, and when he was confronted about this, Wolverine mentioned how Cyclops, like Wolverine, was a realist. Looking realistically at the situation, it looked very bad for the X-Men, who were vastly outnumbered by the Badoon, even aided by Arkon and his people. That is how I look at VS. I want VS to succeed, and I never have said that it is definitively failing, but look at it people. There was a set released a month ago, and nothing from the company about whether there will be a new set? I'd expect to have at least heard from them that there is going to be a new set if I was expecting one. I don't want to seem like a downer, and I love VS, heck it's in the name of my blog, but I don't see it doing very well in the future. I have never seen anyone where I am currently that is interested, and even the people I knew from home have abandoned their cards. They gave up a while ago, and recently, over the summer, they gave me literally every single common and uncommon they could find, along with a whole bunch of rares. I had never bought a DC Origins booster, and might have had a random few cards, but I easily have 8+ of each common from that set now, and most of the rares. Same goes for Man of Steel. They bought a lot, and played VS, but eventually, there wasn't enough support. Now, I love VS, and bought a lot of MEV, but even at the time, I knew it could be the last set. It looks like it will be at this point, unfortunately. I honestly wish it wasn't, but I can't see VS doing much better in the future than how it is doing now.

No comments:

slots
web counter