Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thunderbolts

Okay, so you know I have a Negative Zone deck, and that works well, but I also have a Thunderbolts deck, one that could use improvement, but whatever. It works on a theme I have loved for a long time: +1/+1 counters. Through stuff like Erik Josten with a Force Field Belt, I have realized the power of +1/+1 counters. I once built a deck designed to make Captain Boomerang humongous before burning my opponent for 2 per +1/+1 counter. Sure, Bevatron did that also, but a turn later, and I could use some of the better +1/+1 stuff that Secret Society had. I digress.
Through playing some sealed, I realized how powerful Beetle was. He starts out as a weak 2-drop, a 3/1 with Flight and Range isn't that good. Still, on turn 3, he becomes a 4/2, again, not great, and in fact still weak. On turn 4 though, he becomes a 5/3 and can't be stunned while attacking. Which means he can attack up the curve with no problem at all and not be stunned. So, in the spirit of my old +1/+1 counter decks, I built a Thunderbolts deck, with Speed Demon, Beetle, Joystick and Radioactive Man, along with guys like the Green Goblins and a whole bunch of +1/+1 counter giving abilities. It is lots of fun. Yay for lots of counters everywhere!

No comments:

slots
web counter