Thursday, April 17, 2008

Firefly

Wow. I am really impressed. Okay, so not so much, because I know Whedon and how great he is at writing, but to be perfectly honest, I actually haven't seen a Whedon show before Firefly. I had always wanted to see Firefly ever since I heard it was created by Whedon, but I honestly didn't know what to expect. I'd heard of it before, but I believe only that it lasted a short time before being canceled. Still, it is on Hulu, so I decided to start watching it. OMG! It really is too bad that there were only 14 episodes of this show, because it is amazing. Honestly. I really, really like it. It perfectly blends science fiction with western and is great finding a balance between comedy and drama. Some episodes (Jaynestown) are much funnier while others (Ariel) are much more serious. Still, they are all, so far that I have seen, really good. I probably am going to finish the series, watch the movie, then read the comics that it has inspired. When I think about how this show never got a chance to live, while others somehow took much longer before they died and they were bad at the first episode (I actually watched 2 episodes of The Simple Life for whatever reason and it is so bad, it isn't even funny any more, and that show lasted 5 seasons???). Okay, just wanted to say how amazing Firefly is/

No comments:

slots
web counter